Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Best Baby Board Books

My girls are finally at a stage where they are "reading", a.k.a. turning the pages of the books and looking at the pictures. Well, sort of. They still occasionally bring the book to their mouths to gnaw. I say "Books are for reading not eating" and try to redirect their attention back to the illustrations. It's a work in progress. But they enjoy story time and will sit with me for the majority, if not all of the story.

I have compiled a list of some of the baby board books we have been enjoying lately. I have inserted links in the title of each book to their Amazon.com pages if you would like more info/reviews. All images are courtesy of Amazon.



You Are My Cupcake by Joyce Wan

The illustrations pop with a beautifully bright color palette and some of the elements of the images are raised for texture or have glitter, ex: the sprinkles of the cupcake. Great for sensory development. Super cute, kawaii-esque style.






Baby Sophie la girafe: First Words by DK Publishing

Before my girls were even born they each received a Sophie giraffe from my friend Kim as their very first gifts. Most moms know this little thing is made of magic and all babies are drawn to it instantly. Needless to say, my girls like this one a lot because they recognize the Sophie image.





Baby Loves To Rock by Wednesday Kirwan

This is my own personal favorite, not gonna lie! As a "rocker" family this is totally appropriate and was another awesome gift from our friend Rachel. I don't want to give it away, but the concept is totally unique and cute. Rock on, babies! \m/






You Are My Sunshine by Jimmie Davis and Caroline Jayne Church

Love singing this classic song to my littles and now we have it in amazing board book form. The one we have has a shiny, gold cover which the girls really like. And the illustrations are phenomenal! I can't read the words, I have to sing every time! :)







You're All My Favorites by Sam McBratney

This one is great if you have more than one child. It explains how parents can love each child equally and each one can be a favorite. It would be a great idea to have an older sibling read to the younger one(s). I love the concept so much. I gave my triplet nephews a copy. One of my new faves.



I plan on doing future posts as our library expands and grows with our daughters. What are some of your best baby board books? Share yours in the comments below!













If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment