Saturday, March 29, 2014

Ball Pit Beauty Sleep

For the last 6 months nap time has been a battle and bedtime an all out war. Once my now one year old son, London started teething my bed became a bit more full. My poor husband has been a total champ in letting nugget crash in our bed. While we love snuggling with our little man we've been DYING to finally regain our privacy, if you know what I mean, *wink wink*, moms have needs, lol.

London refuses to nap anywhere but in Mommy's arms and he can't sleep for the night unless one parent is literally within arms reach. It's flat out precious that he loves loving on us so much, but the time has come. My husband and I have tried so many different methods to get him to sleep in his crib by himself. No success has been found. Then bada bing bada boom something has changed. Last night our wee man slept practically the entire night in his crib without waking up. Hallelujah! I woke up so refreshed and my shoulders didn't hurt from the usual sleeping arrangement.

As if we weren't beyond impressed with London's big boy venture he blew our mind yet again this evening. Instead of crawling over to me, tugging at my pant leg and letting out an Oscar worthy sigh of desperation he took care of this whole napping thing all on his own. He fell asleep while playing with his toys...correction: he fell asleep hanging half out of his ball pit.



I laughed so hard when I saw him like this. Knowing his history of throwing epic temper tantrums makes this small parent win so much more impressive. I know I should be pumped that London is beginning to nap/sleep solo, but I can't help but feel like my baby is slipping away. Yes, I know a one year old is technically a toddler but I'm latching onto that "baby" title for as long as I can. I look at my sweet boy passed out cold like this and think "this isn't right" and "he's supposed to be sleeping in my arms with his head against my chest". Is it wrong that I am already missing my snuggle buddy? Maybe I'll revert to the way things were and let London sleep with us until his hearts content. Okay that's not happening but a mom can dream right? I know it's time he's doing this on his own. I know he should have been doing this for a long time now. I know we'll adapt. Frankly, I don't want to anymore. Letting babies grow up is tough stuff.

While I'm pretty tempted to scoop up London and hold him tight I know these are those moments that both of us will mature. Although I'm a bit mopey I find myself thinking he is pretty darn cute sleeping like this especially with a ball in hand



Nobody said parenting was easy. In my defense nobody told me that I would become totally irrational and actually consider squeezing into my sons crib for a slumber party. Oh no! I'm becoming "THAT" mom. This mommy needs a margarita...PRONTO!





Morgan B. is a stay at home mom to her one year old son who has a life threatening genetic disorder. She enjoys musical theater, car karaoke, diet dr. pepper and rainy days. Most of her days are spent watching Yo Gabba Gabba over and over and over. When she's not doing the typical stay at home mom stuff she is traveling with her husband and son. They call the great state of Oklahoma home.

You can get a glimpse of Morgan's day to day life by following her on Instagram @morganlanebartel
& by visiting her blog at bartelchronicles.com




If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

1 comment:

  1. I am nervous for my twins to get to that stage. I hope they will feel comforted enough with one another they won't come crawling into our bed too much. 4 people in one bed is not going to happen!

    ReplyDelete