Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The Beginning of Millennial Mother



So how did this all begin?
A friend of mine started participating in a mama collective blog. I was totally interested in this, but wasn't selected to be a part of it. I decided to settle on posting guest content, but the creator stopped responding to my emails. So, I decided to embark on my own blogging journey and Millennial Mother was born!

I wanted to create a lifestyle blog for parents, as well as talk about my adventures and experiences with my twin girls Dakota and Delilah. I wanted to do it on my own terms and in my own style. I know there are a gazillion other parenting blogs out on the web and to be quite honest I don't even know if anyone will want to read anything I post on here. But if what I write reaches and inspires just one person I'd be cool with that. Otherwise, this blog is to serve as a therapeutic outlet for me because being a new mom to multiples is probably the hardest and scariest thing I have ever done in my life. I look forward to seeing this blog evolve as I evolve as a parent.

What can you expect?
I don't want this to be a blog for parents of multiples (just because I am one), but to attract parents from all different walks of life with different viewpoints and opinions. A wide variety of topics will be posted here ranging from parenting issues, recipes, crafts, and other topics. I aim to keep it real. I don't want to shy away from controversial or sensitive subject matter. Lets face it, most of the time parenthood isn't pretty and I don't want to be afraid to talk about that stuff. I also don't want readers to be shy either. If you love it, hate it, or have a completely different idea, voice your opinions! I want discussions to be created based on what content is posted here.

This is such a great way for me to kick off the new year! I am excited to show you all what I have worked on. PLEASE, don't be shy with your feedback and comments. I want to hear what you think! You can follow Millennial Mother on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!


To coincide with the launch of this project, Millennial Mother has teamed up with Gigi_Chic for our first giveaway!

Gigi_Chic is a company that was created by a mama of 2 after she was having trouble finding the right headband for her daughter. She creates headbands in a variety of styles, colors, and patterns in adult, toddler, and newborn sizes.



Head over to Instagram and follow @MillennialMother to enter! A winner will be randomly selected on January 7, 2014. Goodluck!

No comments:

Post a Comment