Sunday, July 6, 2014

How To Clean Your Baby's Toys






If you have you a baby or toddler you know their toys go in their mouth, on the floor, then back in their mouth again. Here is an easy way to clean and sanitize all of your little ones plastic toys!

All you will need is a small squirt of your dishwashing liquid, a good pour of vinegar, and a bathtub full of water.




I fill my tub up with warm water and squirt a bit of the dishwashing liquid under the water to create some suds and bubbles. Then I do a nice pour of vinegar under the running water as well. I swirl the toys around a bit to make sure everything is incorporated, then leave to soak in the solution.

The dishwashing liquid will wash away all of the dirt and grime on the toys and the vinegar acts as a natural sanitizer. I use vinegar a lot around our home - in the toilet and in a homemade all purpose cleaner I made to clean countertops and other surfaces. The smell of vinegar can get a bit strong (I am a weirdo and love it!), but once it dries it will go away. 


After about 30 minutes, I let the water out and run cool water to rinse off the toys. I set them all out on a towel to air dry. Ta da! You now have clean toys! It is a lot easier than trying to wipe down each toy one by one with a sanitizing wipe! I do this about once a week to ensure everything stays nice and clean. I am happy and so are my little ones!








If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment